This coming June 7 & 8, I will be participating in:
DRCOG METRO VISION 2040 KICKOFF
Thursday, June 7, 12:30-5:00pm – History Colorado Center, 1200 Broadway, Martin Room, 4th floor, Denver
Metro Vision is the Denver region’s plan to protect and enhance quality of life by guiding growth, transportation and environmental quality into the future. The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) adopted the original one-page vision statement that is the foundation of the Metro Vision plan in 1992. Now 20 years later, DRCOG is conducting a major update of the plan to address new challenges and opportunities facing the region.
At the June 7 kickoff event, you will:
- Get an overview of the two-year process for developing Metro Vision 2040
- Learn the preliminary results of the Metro Vision 2040 Listening Tour – DRCOG is conducting a series of focus groups, interviews and an online survey to identify key issues the Metro Vision 2040 plan should address
- Hear commentary from a panel of national experts on regional planning and scenario analysis, including Reid Ewing, University of Utah, Paul Waddell, University of California at Berkeley, Uri Avin, Parsons Brinckerhoff, and Kevin J. Krizek, University of Colorado.
- Help DRCOG design alternative future scenarios to explore for the Denver region
- Network with Federal representatives from the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration
This workshop is being supported by the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, and is part of the Denver region’s Sustainable Communities Initiative.